The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer for building the website and our subscription fulfillment engine for our chinese offering The Economist Global Business Review. As part of the journey you will be working along with the Product Owner & other stakeholders in proving the roadmap and building the strategy.
How will you contribute:
● Develop new user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries for future use using React
JS, Material UI
● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
● Collaborate with other team members
● Create quality mockups and prototypes
● Ensure Web Standards are in place, troubleshooting, debugging web apps
The ideal candidate for this role:
● Having at least 1+ years of experience in React JS, Redux, Redux Saga etc.
practical uses in building complex interactive experience
● Hands on experience with ES6 and should be up to date with new specifications and cross
● Experience of TypeScript and Node JS is a plus
● Understanding of Webpack bundler and build systems like Grunt
● Experience with TDD using Jest and working with utilities like Enzyme
● Knowledge of web standards, progressive enhancements, and accessibility concerns
● Experience of CSS frameworks and architecture that go hand-in-hand with React JS.
Understanding of Responsive web design principles and mobile first approach
● Understanding of best practices and standards that go hand-in-hand with modern web
● Experience in Single Page Application development, GIT and Agile methodology