The Economist is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs, published weekly in print and digital editions, and daily through our apps and websites. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences, films and audio. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Sales Support Executive works in the Sales Services team within the Client Solutions team. The Sales Services team is responsible for providing support to the sales teams globally from order to invoice, and for advertising revenue reporting on a global basis across print, digital and online platforms. Additionally, the team is responsible for processing Daily Sales Orders (DSO) for other parts of the business. Finally, the team performs an important role in data quality of the customer database, as well as checking invoices prior to dispatching to clients.
How will you contribute?
- Reserve positions and handling the queuing process of positions in all publications
- Receive advertising orders and checking that all necessary back-up documents have been provided by the sales team
- Process and prioritise advertising orders according to strict deadlines
- Seeking credit approval for new clients or ensuring that pre-payment is received prior to publication
- Responsible for entering the order details accurately, clarifying any ambiguity, and liaise with the Ad Production teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Handle queries arising from order input
Other duties as and when required
The ideal skills for this role are: