The Economist Group’s global content marketing agency, creates thought-provoking content programs for multinational Fortune 500 companies, foundations, luxury brands and other organizations that are seeking to establish, deepen, or redefine their relationships with their target audiences. Our content ranges from in-depth articles and survey-based research reports to multimedia and interactive pieces like videos, infographics, tap stories, and digital tools.
Currently, we are seeking a Branded Content Editor who will play a central role in growing the branded content portfolio and ensure project delivery in the US. In this role you will be at the centre of campaigns, interacting with clients and working closely with our design and digital delivery teams to produce high quality content. As a Branded Content Editor you are responsible for ensuring our content tells client stories in a style that engages readers of The Economist.
How you will contribute:
● Collaborate with potential clients to understand client objectives and the goals of a content program
● Edit content (articles, films, podcasts etc.) to ensure that the style and voice reflects The Economist’s playful but informative tone.
● Build up a diverse network of writers who can write about a range of topics with authority
● Think creatively about how different content elements can combine to tell a more engaging story
● Evaluate and select the most appropriate partners, contributors and vendors to help execute content programs and draft appropriate contracts and statements of work
● Effectively execute projects through expert client communication, detailed cost management and impeccable timeline delivery
● Develop innovative content programs that deliver on client objectives
● Ensure that sales-drafted client contracts include the appropriate deliverables, pricing and timelines
● Set up clear metrics to evaluate the success of programs and optimize programs by adjusting content mix and distribution strategies
The ideal skills for this role are:
● Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant areas of study include but are not limited to journalism, economics, English, marketing and communications
● Relevant work experience, in editorial/content
● Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Google Slides, WordPress and/or other Content Management Systems
● Exceptional project and time management skills and familiarity with project management tools or platforms
● Experience managing outside contributors and vendors
● Understanding of social media and other promotion and distribution strategies for content pieces is a plus
● Great presentation and communication skills in dealing with clients, senior executives, and internal stakeholders
● The candidate must be a reader of The Economist or similar publications