The Economist Group is a global media company with a long-standing reputation built on trust and rigor in both the B2C and B2B markets. Dedicated to the pursuit of progress -- for individuals, companies and the world.
Currently we are seeking a Sales Support Executive who will work in the Ad Control team and is part of the Group Finance department. The Ad Control team is responsible for providing support to the sales teams globally from order to invoice, and for advertising revenue reporting on a global basis across print, digital and online platforms. Additionally, the team is responsible for checking and processing Salesforce opportunities in preparation for invoicing for other parts of the business.
How you will contribute:
- Carry out pre-billing checks prior to invoice runs checking for commissions, local taxes, completeness of addresses, etc.
- Produce weekly, quarterly and annual invoicing from the Elan booking and invoicing system for any product processed by the Sales Services team.
- Dispatch invoices, voucher copies and tear-sheets to customers as required.
- Prepare pre-payment invoices when required to gain payment from customers.
- Handle voucher copy requests from clients and Sales teams, and manage copy archive.
- Reserve positions and handling the queuing process of positions in all publications
- Receive advertising orders and checking that all necessary back-up documents have been provided by the sales team
- Process and prioritise advertising orders according to strict deadlines
- Seeking credit approval for new clients or ensuring that pre-payment is received prior to publication
- Responsible for entering the order details accurately, clarifying any ambiguity, and liaise with the Ad Production and Ad Operations teams to ensure successful delivery, invoicing and revenue reporting
- Reviewing opportunities in Salesforce to ensure that they are in line with signed contracts for billing and revenue recognition purposes
- Approving opportunities and generating invoice instructions for Billing team
- Assist with credit and rebill matters: reopening opportunities and updating information
- Liaise with Sales, Finance and Billing teams to facilitate the Salesforce process
The ideal skills for this role are:
Education and training
- Educated to at least A level (maths) or the equivalent is essential
- Interest in business, finance or accountancy
Previous work experience
- Previous experience from a similar admin or support role is a distinct advantage
- Experience of database/data entry to high level of accuracy an advantage
- Experience of working in a multi-currency support function an advantage
- Experience in using reporting packages an advantage (Qlikview)
- Basic data analysis and understanding of data quality
- Knowledge of Google applications and Microsoft Office (Excel) an advantage
- Knowledge of Salesforce an advantage
- Fluent in English is essential
Personal attributes & skills
- Team player with attention to detail
- Process driven, organised and methodical
- Proactive, responsive, taking ownership with good interpersonal & communication skills