As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
The EIU currently has an opportunity for a Senior Account Manager in our New York office with a focus on financial service firms. This is a client-facing role with frequent travel to meet clients, acting as the primary conduit between the client, EIU editorial analysts and EIU support teams.
The Senior Account Manager will strengthen existing client relationships by developing personal contacts, creating relationships between clients and others in the EIU, and broadening the number of people in the client organisation that are exposed to the EIU. The improved client engagement that you deliver will lead to better retention rates, higher client investment and improved levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
As the Senior Account Manager, you will be expected to:
- Meet with existing strategic accounts across the region, maintaining relationships to ensure services are relevant to their business needs
- Be responsible for negotiating renewal terms, implementing annual price increases and selling additional subscription services to the client.
- Have the ability to demonstrate EIU services and connect our capabilities with client needs
- Achieve business growth through up-sell and cross-sell opportunities with existing clients
- Identify risk within assigned accounts and work with internal and external stakeholders to present solutions
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, manage customer success activities such as coordinating onboarding and training of existing clients across specified product portfolios
- Provide accurate monthly renewal forecasts/reports to management
- Prepare timely sales reports, sales invoiced, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts
- Engage and share best practices with colleagues on commercial/sales matters
- Utilize standard Economist Group reporting systems to ensure management is fully informed on all KPIs
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and an understanding of business trends and global affairs
The ideal skills for success in this role are:
- An undergraduate degree preferably in international affairs or economics or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com, forecasting tools and balance sheet/billing management
- Prior experience in selling information and intelligence solutions, preferably to financial service firms
- The ability to thrive upon expectation and exposure
- Proficiency in English with business-level fluency in other languages an advantage
- Demonstrable relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and driven with excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Successful track record of exceeding retention and sales quotas
- Willingness to travel and ability to organise trips effectively
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $75,000 - $126,000.00 plus commission. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Rather, salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
*Please note this opportunity is located in NYC as mentioned in the job description. The hired candidate will be required to work from our NYC office several days per week.